Kolkata: India wicketkeeper-batsman Wriddhiman Saha shared a screenshot of ‘threatening’ messages he received from a journalist on social media after he lashed out at Sourav Ganguly, who Saha claimed had assured him of a spot in the team following his performance against New Zealand in Kanpur.
While several fans came out in support of the India wicketkeeper-batsman, former cricketers Virendra Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh, and RP Singh also joined them. Sehwag retweeted Saha’s tweet with the caption, “Extremely sad. Such sense of entitlement, neither is he respected nor a journalist, just chamchagiri. With you Wriddhi.”
Extremely sad. Such sense of entitlement, neither is he respected nor a journalist, just chamchagiri.
With you Wriddhi. https://t.co/A4z47oFtlD
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) February 20, 2022
The Turbanator asked the wicketkeeping batsman to share the details of the journalist including so the good ones will not come under suspicion as well as asked Jay Shah, Sourav Ganguly, and other BCCI officials to protect players from such journalists.
Wridhi you just name the person so that the cricket community knows who operates like this. Else even the good ones will be put under suspicion.. What kind of journalism is this ? @BCCI @Wriddhipops @JayShah @SGanguly99 @ThakurArunS players should be protected https://t.co/sIkqtIHsvt
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) February 20, 2022
Saha had been dropped from the Indian squad for the upcoming two-Test match series against Sri Lanka starting from March 4 for which he had very furious. And in the aftermath of that incident, Saha made shocking revelations about Indian team coach Rahul Dravid, BCCI president Sourav Ganguly, and the team management.
Besides Saha, veteran players liked Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara and Ishant Sharma also failed to make the cut in the recently announced Test team that will face Sri Lanka in a two-match series in India. While talking about their exclusion, Chairman of All-India Senior Selection Committee, Chetan Sharma in a press conference said, “We have told them that we will not consider them for the two-Test matches against Sri Lanka.” Furthermore, he even added, “I have requested all four of them to go and play Ranji Trophy.”
Meanwhile, Ganguly’s brother Snehashish Ganguly, secretary of Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) has lashed out at Saha for going public with the conversations that he had with the BCCI president.
However, the BCCI president did not respond to Saha’s allegations or regarding the journalist-Saha controversy directly. Is this is the beginning of the end of the trio of Sehwag-Ganguly-Singh?