Mumbai: The much-anticipated Ranji Trophy is back again after a one-year gap as the BCCI announced the domestic season fixtures this week. The Ranji Trophy is scheduled to start on January 5 to March 20, but the dates are subject to change considering the COVID-19 pandemic situation in different states.
Meanwhile, the domestic season will start the Vinoo Mankad Trophy (men’s U-19) along with the Women’s U-19 One-day competition, both the tournaments starting from September 20. The BCCI is also having a close eye on the Government of India and all the state government’s regulations about the hosting of matches.
The Vijay Hazare Trophy (senior one-day) will be played from December 1 to 29 while the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy (senior T20) is scheduled from October 27 to November 22. The senior women’s One-day tournament will be held between October 20 and November 20 while the T20 event is to be played from February 20 to March 23 next year.
The U-25 (State A) One-dayers will be held from November 9 to December 10 while the CK Nayudu Trophy (also U-25 from the previous year’s U-23) will start from January 6. The BCCI has also decided to hold the U-16 Vijay Merchant Trophy in the November-December window, keeping in view the vaccination situation for people under 18-years of age in the country.
“Accordingly, the number of support staff is capped at a total of 10. Each team is encouraged to have a team physician to manage COVID-related issues. The team physician is separate from the team physiotherapist and is inclusive of the 10 support staff,” the BCCI said in a statement.
The BCCI also announced that the last date for the inter-state transfer as well as registration of guest players should be 15 days prior to the start of the specific tournament.
The Domestic calendar:
- Women’s U-19 (One-Day): September 20 – October 18
- Vinoo Mankad Trophy: September 20 – October 18
- U-19 Challenger Trophy (men’s): October 26 – November 9
- Women Challenger Trophy (U-19): October 25 – November 6
- Syed Mushtaq Ali T20: October 27 – November 22
- Senior Women’s One-Day: October 20 – November 20
- Men’s State A One-Day: November 9 – December 10
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: December 1 – December 29
- Senior Women’s Challenger Trophy: November 26 – December 8
- Ranji Trophy: January 5 – March 20
- Cooch Behar Trophy (Men’s U-19): November 21 to February 2
- CK Nayudu (Men 4-day, U-25): January 6 – April 2
- Senior Women’s T20: February 20 to March 23
- Vijay Merchant Trophy (Men U-16 ): November-December