Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap pull out of Denmark Open

0

Mumbai: Star Indian badminton couple Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap pulled out of Denmark Open on Tuesday (October 6). The tournament will restart at Odense from October 13. The BWF World Tour also had to stop due to the COVID 19 pandemic.

“I withdrew from the Denmark Open. I decided that I will start the season from January only with the Asian tour,” Saina told PTI. The duo had earlier sent their entries for the USD 750,000 tournament and also submitted their consent letter to the Badminton Association of India (BAI) last month for the same.

The Badminton World Federation (BWF) also postponed the Thomas and Uber Cup Finals and three events in Asia to 2021 and cancelled the Denmark Masters last month. Kashyap also withdrew for similar reasons, “I too feel it is not worth the risk to go all the way for one tournament. It is better to start the season afresh participating in the Asia leg from January,” the world number 24 said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here